TYNEDALE sit proudly at the top of National League Division Two (North) after a sensational 11-try demolition of injury ravaged Otley.

The hosts had the four-try bonus point wrapped up after just 15 minutes, and their slick passing and smooth handling spread warmth throughout a frosty afternoon in Corbridge.

It could not be tighter at the top of the table, with Tynedale, Hinckley and long time leaders Stourbridge only separated by points difference on 49 points, with the hot breath of Sedgley Park (48) and Sale (47) on their necks.

There was no fairy tale homecoming for former Tynedale favourite Joe Graham, now the Otley player coach, but the popular Cumbrian did have the satisfaction of scoring one of the Yorkshiremen’s two tries.

Tynedale led 43-5 at the break, the same 38 point lead they held in their previous game at Macclesfield, where they finished up hanging on grimly for a 38-35 win.

There was no danger of a repeat slump here as the Blue and Whites continued to pile on the points after the break, even though they were being shoved all over the park by the dominant Otley pack.

The difference between the sides was in the back division where Tynedale dazzled once again. The quick thinking of captain and scrum half Matty Outson brought four tries from quickly taken tap penalties and his understanding with stand-off Dan Taylor gets better every week.

There wasn’t a weak link in the side with rampaging flankers Nick Cairns and Joe Mills both grabbing a couple of tries each.

Director of rugby Scott Lawson was delighted with the way Tynedale applied themselves right to the end of a one-sided match, commenting: "I reminded the lads at half time what had happened at Macclesfield, and that we could not afford to take our foot off the gas.

“It is very tight at the top of the table, and points difference could be very important at the end of the season.

“I thought we were brilliant today, especially playing into the wind in the first half. We took advantage of every turnover, and our finishing was superb.”

It took only two minutes for Tynedale to take the lead when Otley were caught napping by a quick Outson penalty which sent winger Oli Walker in for an unconverted try.

Full back James Spencer added the second try on four minutes for Ash Smith to convert, with winger Guy Pike adding the third on nine minutes, Smith again converting,

Tynedale had the bonus point in the bag on 15 minutes with a converted try by hooker Jamie Blamire, who incredibly is still only in his teens.

Another quick Outson penalty put flanker Joe Mills over on 26 minutes, with the same player crossing again three minutes later to stretch the lead to 36-0.

There were unstinted cheers on 33 minutes when Otley made a rare appearance in the Tynedale 22, and from a line-out catch and drive, Graham powered over to get the Yorkshiremen off the mark.

There were few more popular players than Graham, who spent five successful years at Tynedale before going onto the Premiership with Newcastle Falcons, and then Leeds Carnegie, Rotherham Titans and Bath before taking on the Otley player coach role.

Back came Tynedale with a converted Tom Bramwell try to make it 43-5 at the break and, six minutes into the second half, Spencer was over for his second try as Tynedale turned the screw.

Another Outson tap penalty brought a try for flanker Cairns on 52 minutes, with fly half Dan Taylor getting in on the act with a 70th minute try. Cairns then grabbed his second with a superb individual effort two minutes later for 69-5.

Otley’s pack was now well on top and was rewarded with a second catch and drive score late on, replacement prop Ben Steele getting the touchdown.

A bad day got worse for Otley in the dying minutes when lock Simon Willet was yellow carded.

Tynedale face their longest journey of the season on Saturday, a 520-mile round trip to Leominster in Herefordshire to face Luctonians.

Too far to go in a day, they're leaving late afternoon on Friday with an overnight stay in the Midlands planned.

On their previous two visits, Tyne have suffered narrow defeats, 24-17 in April 2017 and 17-12 in April 2016.

Luctonians won three of their five games in September, 32-31 at Sheffield, 26-14 at home to Wharfedale and 17-7 at home to Blaydon. However, since then, their season has hit the buffers with seven defeats in a row, including home losses to Leicester Lions (3-40), Sheffield Tigers (33-46) and South Leicester (25-28).

At the weekend, they conceded eight tries in a 52-12 hammering at Hinckley.