By Peter Burgon

Newcastle Blue Star FC have aspirations to play at a higher level but were given another reality check in a 1-1 draw at home to Wallington in the Bay Plastics Premier Division.

In front of a bumper crowd of 335, they started strongly and a diving header from Ethan Bewley produced a good save from Wallington keeper, Aaron Carr. The visitors weathered the storm before going in front from a 39th minute corner with a towering header by Shay Richardson and they were still 1-0 up at half-time.

A great save by home keeper, Callum Dobson on 52 minutes prevented Wallington from doubling their lead. Newcastle Blue Star made three substitutions before the hour mark and the changes paid off when they equalized on 74 minutes with a precise finish from Zach Bewley.

The home side ended the game with 10 men after Sam Dinsley was sent off and despite having 15 attempts on goal compared to just five attempts from Wallington it finished all square.

Percy Main Amateurs enjoyed a 2-1 home win against Haltwhistle Jubilee. Their scorers were Dylan Taylor, his first for the club, and Joe Kelly.

Quite a few chances went begging in the second half as they looked to extend their advantage but found visiting keeper, Thomas Craney in fine form before Jack Currah got a late consolation for Haltwhistle with a header from a free-kick.

Despite being reduced to 10 men after a red card inside the first minute, unbeaten league leaders Killingworth FC made it ten in a row with a battling display in a 2-0 win at Ponteland United.

They took the lead in the first half with a great 20 yard strike from full back Charlie Grieveson which went in off the inside of the post. It wasn't long before they doubled the lead when striker Michael Baxter turned his man and slotted the ball home.

After suffering a first home defeat for two and a half years in their previous match, Prudhoe Youth Club FC resumed winning ways at Kimberley Park with a comfortable 4-2 success against North Shields Athletic.

Hexham's good run of form continued with a 3-1 win at Forest Hall Celtic. They opened the scoring on 27 minutes with a goal from Andrew Donkin which was set up by Branndon Kennedy.

It was 2-0 on 39 minutes through Kurtis Harvey following good work from Callum Armstrong and Matty Kilby. Forest Hall Celtic reduced the arrears three minutes into the second half before Callum Armstrong sealed victory with the visitor's third goal on 56 minutes following a mistake by the home defence.