CONTINUING their form from last season, unbeaten Haltwhistle Jubilee are on target for back-to-back promotions.

The Jubilee currently sit second in Division One, six points adrift of leaders Prudhoe YC Seniors, but have four games in hand on their rivals.

Ten games into their campaign, they remain unbeaten having won nine and drawn one of their games so far and also have the highest goal difference in the division following a string of impressive results.

This is no doubt down due to two of the league’s three highest goal scorers,with youngster Aaron Hardy leading the way with 12 goals so far.

He’s joined on the list by strike partner Greg Irwin, who has hit the back of the net seven times in the 10 games played, with playmaker Jack Barker and teammate Paul Wilson both a goal behind on six.

The team began the season in stunning form by winning six games in a row which included a dramatic opening weekend 4-3 victory against rivals Hexham.

Despite leading the game 3-0, the visitors responded in the second half to eventually bring the game level before an 89th minute Wilson winner helped the Jubilee record their first win in Division One.

Further victories followed, including a fine away performance against Whitburn & Cleadon FC before another high scoring encounter against Bedlington FC saw them win 5-3 at The Burn.

Game four saw the Jubilee again impress, this time with a 4-1 win over Gosforth Bohemians after coming from behind following an early penalty for the away side.

This was then followed up by another big win – this time over Seaton Burn - with the hosts steamrollering their opponents 5-0 which included a hat-trick from forward Hardy. The youngster then repeated the feat a week later in a victory against Red Row Welfare, with the team also again scoring five – this time away from home.

Next up was a match against Cramlington United, but the game was abandoned with the Jubilee winning 2-1 at the time after a bad injury to defender Jack Currah.

Despite the setback, a huge 12-0 Northumberland FA Minor Cup victory followed three weeks later in mid-October against Westerhope United Seniors, before they suffered their first blip in an otherwise perfect start to the year.

The Jubilee could only manage a 0-0 draw with rivals Whitley Bay Sporting Club that saw them drop their first points of the season. After a month’s break due to further Covid-19 restrictions coming into force, the team then returned to action in early December with another trio of wins including 6-2 and 6-3 victories against Hebburn Town U23 and Wallsend Boys Club respectively.

Their unbeaten run was extended when they defeated FC United of Newcastle 3-1.