TEENAGER Ben Milner was the toast of Prudhoe at the weekend.

For the 18-year-old scored the goal which earned Prudhoe YC Seniors a slender victory over Tyne Valley rivals Hexham, keeping his side on top of the Division One table.

The strike from the teen, who regularly turns out for the club's Development side, earned a crucial three points and saw a happy return to action for the first time in a month due to a second national lockdown.

The game was originally due to take place at Hexham's Wentworth Leisure Centre but was switched to Kimberly Park to ensure the game could go ahead.

Haltwhistle Jubilee continue to breathe down Prudhoe's necks and they marked their return in fine fashion, albeit at a temporary home pitch at Wark Sports Club.

Hebburn Town U23 were the visitors but Halty made light work of them, coming away with a 6-2 victory.

They were 2-0 up after 10 minutes courtesy of goals from Paul Wilson and Jack Barker, with Greg Irwin making it 3-1 after Hebburn struck back.

Hebburn reduced the lead to one goal immediately after the restart, but Irwin went on to complete his hat-trick, his two second half goals either side of a goal from Liam Crowe.

Wallington picked up where they left off pre-lockdown and a comfortable 4-1 victory at North Shields Athletic put them joint top of the Premier Division.

Strikes from John Paxton, Jordan Nellis and Michael Angus put them three goals to the good before Josh Laverick rounded off the scoring.

Ponteland United crept into the top half of the table as they edged their game with Newcastle Blue Star 2-1.

In a game when three penalties were saved by the goalkeepers, Robert Jefferson proved United's match winner to secure all three points.

In the second division of the North East Combination League, Heddon United equalised twice to earn a point against league leaders Tyne and Wear Juniors. Jordan Phillips made it 1-1 before Brian Thomson's strike levelled it at 2-2. Heddon captain Anthony Wilson was named man of the match.

Prudhoe YC Seniors Development were involved in a high scoring encounter with Walridge Park in Division One but ended up losing 8-5.