DIVISION One conquerors Bardon Mill Bowes Lyons’ hopes of mounting a challenge in the county cup were ended in a penalty shoot-out.

They travelled to Bedlington Social Club at the weekend but were eliminated on spot kicks after the two teams shared eight goals in an entertaining Northumberland FA Sunday Cup tie.

Greg Irwin, Ollie Cartwright, Rob Hayes and Ricky Hayes got their goals and Adam Walton was man of the match, but they lost 3-2 in the shoot-out.

Prudhoe Halfway House played their part in an entertaining tie too but fell short, going down to the odd goal in nine at Daisy Hill SC.

Grant Raynor, Josh Mottram, Jake Mottram and Danny Driver registered, while goalkeeper Ryan Chamberlain was named man of the match.

Hexham Phoenix did progress, however, when their opponents conceded the tie.

Haltwhistle Railway will hope to join them as they host Cramlington Brockwell on Sunday.

A goal from Gary Nixon and a star display from Jamie Noutch was not enough for Barrasford as they lost 2-1 to Hunting Lodge in the Northumberland FA Sunday Minor Cup.

Wark were also eliminated as they were beaten 8-1 by Hazlerigg Victory, Steve Cheal getting their goal and Jake Thompson being named man of the match.

Crawcrook Fox and Hounds were beaten 7-0 away to Sunderland Grange Park in the Durham FA Sunday Cup, while Ryton Michelangelo’s went down 6-2 on their travels to Brandon Sports.

In league action, Riding Mill defeated Heddon 6-1 in Division One.

Man of the match James Reay scored twice and he was joined on the scoresheet by Matty Bloomer, Dale Graham, Dale Dodds and Nathan Riley.

Heddon’s man of the match Ian Armstrong hit his side’s reply.

In Division Two, Hexhamshire fought back from 3-1 down to record an emphatic 7-3 victory over Heddon United Reserves.

Winter and Hughes both scored twice, with man of the match James Percival, Sam Martin and Tom Quibell also finding the back of the net.

For Heddon, man of the match Adam Day, Shahab Makvandi and Callum Wright were on target.

Aaron Daglish hit a consolation for Heddon United U23, who were best served by Connor Murphy, as they lost 6-1 at Up the Street.

Halfway House United came from behind on two occasions to inflict a 3-2 defeat on FC Ryton. Man of the match Sam Mannion scored twice and Matthew Hopkins once.