HALTWHISTLE Jubilee built on their opening day victory over neighbours Hexham with success on their longest away day of the season.

Jubilee travelled to Whitburn and Cleadon at the weekend and made it six points from a possible six from their first taste of Division One football courtesy of a 3-1 win.

Jack Barker gave Haltwhistle the lead on 23 minutes, with teenage strike Aaron Hardy continuing his form with another goal on 48 minutes.

Hardy struck again on 53 minutes with Whitburn clawing a goal back 10 minutes later. Halty goalkeeper Liam Blair was sent off minutes later, but replacement Paul Wilson helped see the game out at 3-1.

Fellow Division One side Prudhoe YC Seniors have maximum points from their opening two games, starting with a convincing 7-2 victory over Felling Magpies.

Man of the match Arron Fletcher led the way with a hat-trick, with Ben Milner hitting a double and Ryan Burnyeat and James Raey also on target.

It wasn’t as plain sailing when they travelled to Forest Hall days later, goals from Luke Banks and Burnyeat securing a slender 2-1 victory.

Hexham bounced back from their opening day defeat to record a 3-2 victory at home to Whitley Bay SC.

It took an acrobatic effort from Kurtis Harvey just three minutes from time to secure the points, after a first half brace from teammate Callum Duncan.

Wallington have been in goal scoring form at the beginning of their Premier Division campaign, hitting the back of the net 10 times in their opening two fixtures.

Man of the match Tom Truscott and Jordan Nellis both hit doubles, with Ben Middleton and Michael Angus also netting as they started with a thrilling 6-4 triumph over Alnwick Town.

This was followed up with a 4-0 win over Gateshead Rutherford, with Angus, John Paxton, Simon Farrier and Brad Richardson finding the back of the net.

A goal from Louis Calvert five minutes from time proved the difference as Ponteland United defeated Cullercoats by the only goal.

Despite leading three times during the game, United lost 4-3 at Winlaton Vulcans courtesy of an 87th minute winner. Gary Cook scored twice and Johnny Redhead the other for Pont.

A Lutfur Karim brace was in vain as Ponteland United Reserves in their Division Two debut, going down 5-2 to Newcastle University A.