THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U1036 AND CI025 BEWCASTLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1467664
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U1036 AND CI025 BEWCASTLE) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out carriageway repair works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
1. U1036 Bewcastle, from its junction with the U1032, extending in an overall south easterly direction for approx. 4km to its junction with the C1025.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be signed and available via the U1032 and the C1025.
2. C1025 Bewcastle, from its junction with the U1036, extending in an overall south easterly direction for approx. 5km to a point adjacent to Parkgate Cottages.
A suitable alternative route will be signed and available via the unrestricted sections of the C1025 and the B6318. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
quoting the reference CACH218. The Order will come into operation on 2 December 2019 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 4 weeks per closure and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle, CAI IRD Dated: 29 November 2019