NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SPECIAL EVENTS - SECTION 16A (As Amended by Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991) KlELDER MARATHON - TEMPORARY SPECIAL EVENT ORDER 2019Notice ID: BRA1339458
NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SPECIAL EVENTS - SECTION 16A (As Amended by Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991) KlELDER MARATHON - TEMPORARY SPECIAL EVENT ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Northumberland County Council have made an Order under Section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, the effect of which is to temporarily close the lengths of highway/public rights of way below with the exception of:
a. Any vehicles officially involved in the Kielder Marathon Event 2019; or
b. Any vehicle being used for ambulance, police or fire brigade purposes or the purposes of an undertaker in an emergency such as the loss of supplies of gas electricity or water to premises in the area; or
c. Anything done with the permission or under the direction of a police constable in uniform, traffic warden or a civil enforcement officer.
The following closures will be in place:-
a) The permissive path around the perimeter of Kielder Water known as 'Lakeside Way'.
b) Parish of Kielder Public Bridleway No 12.
c) Parish of Falstone Public Bridleways Nos 1 and 27 & Public Footpaths Nos 3, 10, 14,15, 23, 24, 25 and 40
Schedule of closures:-
The permissive path around the perimeter of Kielder Water known as the Lakeside Way. The following public rights of way:
- From a point at Butteryhaugh Bridge in a general south-easterly direction to a point east of the Belling Burn.
- From a point south of Wainhope Linn in a southerly direction to a point on the north bank of Kielder Water.
- From a point south of Pithouse Crags in a westerly direction then in a general southerly, easterly and northerly direction to a bridge on the Belling Burn then continuing in a general southerly direction to join Public Bridleway No 26 south-west of Turfy Knowe.
- From a point west of the Belling Burn in an easterly direction to a point south of Bellingburn Head.
? From a point north-east of Low Craneheugh in an easterly northerly and westerly direction on the bank of the Bull Crag Peninsula then a general northerly direction following the southern bank of Kielder Water through Leaplish Waterside Park to a point at Wellhaugh.
- From a point east of Kateshaw Hill in a north-easterly direction to a point on the south bank of Kielder Water.
- From a point south of Rushy Knowe in an easterly direction to a point north of Leaplish Waterside Park.
- From a point east of Craggy Knowe in a general easterly southerly and westerly direction on the bank of Kielder Water to a point south-west of Hawkhirst.
There are no alternative routes available.
The Order is to be effective on 12th October 2019 and 13th October 2019.
The closures have been requested in the interests of public safety to accommodate the Kielder Marathon.
Dated this 12th day of September 2019. Liam Henry
Legal Services Manager Northumberland County Council County Hall Morpeth NE61 2EF