Dog poisoning warning

SOCIAL BOOKMARKS

DOG walkers were put on alert this week after poisonous pellets were found by Hexham’s riverside.

On Tuesday, Scott Mitchell & Associates veterinary practice was alerted to a potential poisoning. A dog was brought in after eating mysterious pink pellets, later confirmed to be slug bait, left on the ground near the car parking spaces at Tyne Green. The pet was treated and is expected to make a full recovery. Roger Mitchell, managing partner at Scott Mitchell and Associates, said: “People should keep their eyes out for salivation, excitability and possible seizures.”

Comment on this article

Generate a new code
Comments not OK? Click here to let us know